Friday, July 8, 2011

Sometimes Dreams Take a Holiday

I have been saying for quite some time how much I would like to create my own blog. Yes, I do believe for almost three years now I have had the "itch" to do this. As a teacher, mom, and self admitted "craftaholic" blogging has inspired many projects and ideas that I would have never imagined as things within the realm of my own creative capabilities. The knowledge I have absorbed from others through blogging has enabled me to dream big and follow through with actually making my dreams a reality. From three "crazy clucks" as my daughter calls our chickens to countless creations made to enrich the lives of my family and my students, blogs have given me the confidence to be who I am. Who am I? I'm a dreamer and a "doer." My husband has learned after four years of marriage that if I say "I think we should look into raising backyard chickens", I am not really contemplating the subject, in fact I have already researched winter hardy breeds and found the nearest hatchery. In other words, if I say I am going to do something, as unconventional or quirky or impossible as it may sound, chances are I will do it. It may not be today or even a year from now, but it will happen eventually because my dreams do not die. Sometimes they take a holiday, but they always come back, and when they do I get to work. So here is my contribution to the blogging world. I hope sharing my journey to fulfill my hopes and dreams and live my life as my best self encourages you to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. A dreamer and a doer..what a magical combination. I know this to be true, as you are everything that makes a Mamma proud.Please continue to envelope your children with imagination and determination. They will in turn amaze you and contribute splendor to the world.

    ReplyDelete